Monday, May 11, 2009

second day

After travelling for most of the day yesterday, and then spending the entire evening on the computer, I began the day halfway through...
Then walked the streets of Tallinn for over two hours to reacquaint myself, and just listen to the city. I wasn't too successful in this, as wherever I seemed to go there was an amount of traffic noise - not deafening, but omnipresent, as with most cities across the globe. However, a short guided walk with Ernest Truely showed many other places where traffic is less of an issue.
The day was not wasted as I had first felt, but a process of elimination... i now know where not to go if i wish to record.
One thing I have noticed is the lack of barriers, of fencing off areas, such as derelict buildings and railway lines. I feel this is something I could reflect through my work.
The evening has been devoted to editing some work that I am producing in collaboration with Shay Nassi aka Mise En Scene, based on recordings I captured in Berlin last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment